Saturday 25 March 2017

English Chit Chat. Directions Video

Here is my latest video on asking for and giving directions.


If you like this video, please click 'like' and subscribe to my Youtube channel.

Here's the script of the video:

In this video I will explain how to ask for and give directions. When we need to ask for directions, we often approach someone on the street and ask for their help. So we first need to get their attention. We can do this by saying 'Excuse me'. Then we can ask for directions. We can ask: How do I get to the library? Or: Could you tell me how to get to the library? Let's review the language we need to give directions.
Go up Oak Street.
Go straight for two blocks.
Turn right.
Turn left.
It's on your right.
It's on your left.

Let's get some practice. This person looks lost. Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the library? Sure. Go straight for two blocks. Turn right onto Fifth Avenue. It's on your left. Now listen to my directions and see if you can follow the directions and say the destination. What is the place I'm giving directions to? Start from here. Go straight. Turn right onto Fourth Avenue. Go down Fourth Avenue for two blocks. It's on your left. Where did my directions take you? Let's follow the directions again. Go straight. Turn right onto Fourth Avenue. Go down Fourth Avenue for two blocks. It's on your left. I gave you directions to the museum. Did you get it right?

Let's practice again. Go down Third Avenue for two blocks. Turn left onto Queen Street. Go up Queen Street for three blocks. It's on your left. Where did my directions take you? I gave you directions to the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment