Wednesday 12 July 2017

Jobs Video

Here is my latest video about jobs.


If you like this video, please click 'like' and subscribe to my Youtube channel.


Here's the script of the video:

First let's review the vocabulary for some common jobs.

What does Lucy do? She's a housewife. What does a housewife do? A housewife manages her home.

What's Derek's job? He's a dentist. What does a dentist do? A dentist cares for teeth.

What's Sarah's occupation? She's a pharmacist. Where does a pharmacist work? A pharmacist works in a pharmacy.

What does Colin do? He's a mechanic. Where does a mechanic work? A mechanic works in a garage.

What does Mark do? He's retired. What did he do before he retired? He was an accountant.

What does Claire do for a living? She unemployed, but she has an interview for a job today.

Now we will review some follow-up questions related to jobs.

What's your job? I'm a salesperson. How do you get to work? I usually drive? I sometimes take the subway.

What's your occupation? I'm an office worker. What days do you work? I work Monday to Friday.

What do you do for a living? I'm an engineer. Do you like your job? Yes, I do. It's interesting.

What's your job? I'm a travel agent. Where do you work? I work for ABC Travel Company.

What do you do? I'm a student. What do you study? I study economics.

Now let's play a fun game. I'm thinking of one these jobs. Can you guess who I'm thinking about by asking yes/no questions?

Do they wear a uniform? Yes, they do.

Do they wear a hat? No, they don't.

Do they help people? Yes, they do.

Can you guess who it is?

Is she a nurse? Yes, she is.

Let's play again. Can you guess who I'm thinking of?

Do you they use tools? No, they don't.

Do they wear a hat? Yes, they do.

Do they work on a plane? Yes, they do.

Is the person a flight attendant? No.

Then it must be the pilot. Yes, you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment